We are here to share an amazing playdough recipe, playdough is the new hype among kids. It is a nice time killer for kids who enjoy playing around. It can be educational if kids are motivated to make something with the playdough. We will discuss that how to make playdough at home. The process is simple and easy, also the ingredients used for playdough are easily available in the market so anyone can make it at home.
The playdough recipe contains
- 2 cups of all-purpose plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of oil, vegetable oil, baby oil or coconut oil
- Half cup salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 5 cup if boiling water
- Liquid or gel food colour
- Few drops of glycerine to make the dough shiny and stretchy
- Mix flour, oil, salt and cream of tartar in a bowl .
- Add the food colouring to the boiling water then into the above mentioned mixture .
- Stir till the mixture gets combine and transform into dough.
- Add glycerine to the mixture.
- Let the dough get cool.
- When the dough gets cool enough to touch then knead the dough to mix the ingredients nicely, make sure the stickiness is gone.
- If the dough feels sticky then add flour and knead it. Don’t make the dough dry else you will not be able to enjoy it. Homemade playdough is ready to play with.
The above-mentioned playdough can be kept in an airtight jar and the quality will be the same for 6 months. By following this recipe you can get to know how to make dough at home with such simple steps. It is very cheap to make playdough at home and with our not cooking play dough recipe even kids can make playdough under the supervision of an adult.
We hope that our simple play dough recipe will help you provide your little one with play dough, with various videos on YouTube you can let your kid make stuff that is educational for them and they can become more creative by practicing such activities.